We've been through $8000 in plumbing issues during the last three months with more to come, so I thought it was time to make a concerted effort to list my blessings not just in my head, but in hard-copy form. Because plumbing and money out the window? Definitely the cares of this world that will pass away.
My blessings in no particular order:
1. I told you in my last post about listening to the Bible and lately it has been such a blessing. I am either cleaning up after a plumbing project, or getting ready for plumbers to come, it seems. Listening to the Bible has been so helpful and I've covered the Gospels and James, sometimes listening to chapters twice if people interrupt me.
2. Sunshine! Yes! Ohio doesn't get much of it and this week we've had 3 glorious days.
3. The nice plumbers who replaced the water heater today.
4. A yard to play in.
5. Teens and a tween who still like to talk to mom every day.
6. Talking to my kids about literature and history.
7. Gardening around the corner.
8. Flowers coloring our world soon.
9. I'm old and wrinkled at 55 (skin not very elastic in my gene pool) but my husband is gracious and loving so it could be a lot worse.
10. Son very happy with his ACT score and happy the test went on as planned, finally!
11. Kids are getting exercise again now that the snow melted and a little mini-spring arrived. (Homeschool gym, which was a major workout, got canceled this year and they were getting out of shape.)
12. I subscribed to a scheduling website for homeschooling last fall, and my planning is much more organized and streamlined! What a blessing! (homeschoolplanet.com)
14. Okay, overalls ya'll. I used to wear them when I was single and young and they are back in style, apparently. I bought some for my 12-year-old and she looks so sweet and cute in them! She styles her hair in pigtails when she puts them on. I just can't stand not squeezing her and smiling.
15. A youth pastor my kids really love.
16. A pork loin roast for dinner that I just pop in the oven after seasoning, thank goodness--or I wouldn't have time to write this.
17. Pictures of their childhoods so I can remember because they are so grown up now. Big sigh.
18. The Lord is my strength and my shield. In Him my heart trusts. Thanks be the God.
What are you thankful for today?
Have a wonderful weekend!“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy and with my song I praise him” (Psalm 28:7).