Thursday, October 6, 2011

overheard



Yesterday Mary said she wanted to be a train driver someday.  I said that sounded wonderful, and was she also looking forward to being a mommy?


MARY:  I don't think I can be a mommy because I don't know how to babysit.


Then today I was washing her hair and we somehow started talking about babies.


MARY:  How many babies do you think I'll have, Mommy?


MOM:  It's up to God how many you have, Sweetheart.


MARY:  But what if I only have two babies? (Uttered with a whine)


MOM:  Oh, I think you'll have more than that.


MARY:  Then why did you only have one baby, Mommy? (She's speaking of Beth here, who is still a baby in Mary's eyes.)


MOM (chuckling):  I had four babies, Mary..........Beth, Mary, Paul and Peter. You're all bigger now, but you were tiny babies at one time.


MARY (looking shocked and thoughtful): We were?



No comments: