Monday, February 6, 2012

Praises

Hebrews 13:15
Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.

~ A sign of wellness when Miss Mary declares, "May I have more of that yummy oatmeal? Yummy, yummy for my tummy!" Thank you, Lord, for her wellness, and for the precious week I concentrated on knowing her heart better. Middle children can easily be forgotten, especially when the oldest and youngest are special needs. Mary and Paul need special attention. Her illness was His way of meeting her heart needs. I can't notice every heart need myself, but I can pray that my mothering honors him and hurts no one. He is faithful to parent through us.

~  A sweet little girl brushing Teddy Bear's teeth, covering him up, and adding a pillow.


~ Ordering used Sonlight American History novels/books and having my kids amuse themselves the whole while. We have plenty on hand for World History, but needed more selections for American History. Buying used is a time-consuming headache. Usually the kids interrupt every five minutes, sending me into a nervous frenzy as I try to concentrate on what website I just visited and what books they listed and what I already purchased. But this last time, His grace reigned.

~ A husband who understands how hard daily mothering is. "Honey, you have more daily stress and pressures than most mothers; just handling Peter can be frighteningly difficult." Being understood makes all the difference. Both of us have bodily signs of stress and we know it's time to come up with a multi-faceted battle plan, by His grace and wisdom.

~ Mary picked up the stomach virus from AWANA Cubbies about two weeks ago (her Wednesday night preschool church class). The incubation period is about 5 days and so far, the rest of us seem to have escaped The 2012 Stomach Virus From Hades! Praise God! We haven't seen the likes of it around here since April, 2006, when I was 3 months pregnant with Mary. I remember that month well. Three days after the boys, ages 2 and 4, were fully recovered, we went on a family outing and had to get McDonald's hamburgers because we'd missed dinner. A few hours later both boys threw up from the grease in the french fries. I learned my lesson then and will give Mary no fatty/greasy foods for a full five days.

~ Beautiful women writing beautiful words to inspire me, awe me, and send me to my knees in prayer.

~ The van now has a working driver's-side door handle and a working ignition keyhole. And a radiator that doesn't continually need fluid.

~ Sunshine and a winter mild enough to get the kids outside regularly

~ Paul getting one side all green on his Rubik's Cube

~ A green crayon made its way into the dryer, staining many garments in the 80-minute cycle. Thanks to a Good Housekeeping tip advising me to wash the whole load again in hot water and soap and a cup of baking soda, all is well.

~ Valentine kits from Walmart that resulted in beautiful Valentines for the kids to give out at AWANA. And enough chocolate left over for the Momma and Poppa here. Now that's something to smile about.

~ When my husband hugs me long, I can feel the tension release. One thing we definitely need is more hugging time. Husbands are such a grace!


~ I ordered and received a Compassion Sunday packet to present at my church. I'm praying for the courage  to speak before a couple hundred people.

~ A letter from India. Divya has a quilt to share with her family and a new dress. Praise God!


~ I don't have anything to share for Caldecott Medal Monday. Nothing's really captured me in that category lately. The committee seems to choose illustrations they like, rather than what kids might like. Here are a few we've loved lately, for both the paintings or photos, and the storylines. One Magical Day;  The Handiest Things In the World:  How Big is The World?



One Magical Day

The Handiest Things in the World

How Big Is the World?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So much to praise Him for, Christine!
((Hugs)),
Lisa