Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Is there a saint in your house?

Let me first say that I'm not Catholic and I don't believe in Sainthood.

But I did have this thought this morning:

If your husband ever says to you, "Honey, I know you've taken care of our sick toddler for two nights--sleeping only a couple of hours in the process--and that you're exhausted, and sick.  Tonight, I will take the nighttime duty, so you can get better."

If you ever hear that, I suggest you contact the powers that be in Rome and put in a Sainthood application for your husband.

Mine did not utter the above, but he did look up to the heavens and says, "God, please have mercy on my wife!"

Thankfully, my nurturing instinct is strong enough to withstand nighttime colds in little ones.  Thank you, Lord, for a mother's love!  I praise you!


No comments: