Friday, April 15, 2011

Enter His Gates With thanksgiving





Psalm 100:1-5
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name. 

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; 
his faithfulness continues through all generations.



Thursday Gratitude

- Miss Beth sharing her goldfish with Barney

- a brisk walk in fully sunny, 65-degree weather (my two girls in the double stroller and my two boys on their bikes)

- Jack the hamster calming my Peter

- Miss Beth asking for the same book three times in a row (How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?)

- homemade apple muffins

- Miss Beth carrying Barney around in a backpack

- Miss Beth pushing Barney's tummy to hear the I Love You, You Love Me song, then coming up to hug and kiss Momma.

- Paul's soft cheeks, sweet for kisses

- Miss Beth and Miss Mary carrying around backpacks and telling me, "Bye, bye", before leaving for their "camping" trip.

- My girls thinking of their stuffed animals as family members.  Mousie was supposed to go on the camping trip so they walked all around the house, calling his name.  "Mousie, Mousie, where are you?"

- Miss Beth pushing around her shopping cart, looking for food to take on the camping trip.

- The Internet went down but it was a neighbourhood AT & T problem.  I can't tell you how good it felt to have someone else responsible for fixing and paying for a repair.  Our main toilet needs a repair and I sure wish we were renters right about now.

- Two baskets of unfolded clothes and Maple tree seeds on my carpet and driveway, reminding me of how much I'm needed around here.

- Online friends--you are such an encouragement to me.  Thank you!

- Knowing God refines us and we bear fruit just from our faith in Him; we don't have to earn His love or faithfulness!

No comments: