Tuesday, April 19, 2011

joy and gladness found therein

Isaiah 51:3 ...joy and gladness shall be found therein,
                                 thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.






Monday Gratitude:

- Two little girls who bless my socks off, helping in the kitchen and spreading sunshine

- Two strong boys who make me proud

- My Mary loving the outdoors

- A husband who loves the Lord

- Grace weaved throughout our days

- Though the laundry beats me up, I'm grateful we have more than enough to wear.

- The tulips will bloom any day now.

- Crockpot navy bean soup is very forgiving.  Praise God for the wholesome taste of beans with spices! (If you soak beans for 48 hours, you'll experience little to no gassiness)  At 9:00 AM I put navy beans in the crockpot on low with 6 cups of  homemade bone broth, thinking I would add the spices, bay leaf, ham, carrots and celery in just a little bit.  The day proceeded to get quite interesting and busy.  Finally, at 5:00 PM, I put in the spices and ham, but had to give up on the carrots and celery.  I let it cook for another four hours on low.  And you know what?  It's still quite tasty!  We'll have it for tomorrow's dinner. I just need to add in diced tomatoes and salt to taste.

- Momma's rocker for spreading love and good cheer

- hyacinth spread over the yard

- My Peter uses our broken video camera as his very own still camera.  I loved seeing him outside today, bearing the cold temps, to sit and wait for a good goldfinch picture.  He takes his nature photography seriously!

- Miss Beth falling in love with boiled eggs.  Yes, she did go to the fridge four separate times today, bringing me a dyed, boiled egg to peel for her. (And yes, I did have to duct tape the fridge shut after she'd eaten four.)

- blueberries on my oatmeal

- The color green popping up all over the landscape here

- The boys getting their own e-mail addresses and writing every day to their relatives and a friend.  My mom wrote to Peter, "Don't you think people would get tired of having perfect weather all the time?"  My wise Peter wrote back, "Yes, the weather can't always be nice.  If we didn't get rain we wouldn't get flowers."  Little does Peter know how profound his statement really is.  If we didn't have hardship in life, we wouldn't bear fruit for Christ.



No comments: