Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas, 2012

My only Christmas purchase so far has been a turkey for Christmas dinner. Yes, that means I've successfully escaped the crowds.

But now, on our first real snow day of the year (we've only had a teaser snow thus far), we're off to buy ingredients for the rest of our dinner, and for cookies for our neighbors. The snow, while inconvenient for shopping, is a blessing. The countryside has been muddy and dreary with lots of rain. Mary and I prayed the Lord would dress it up in time for Christmas, and He answered yes!

We'll be buried in flour and sugar and butter for the next 24-36 hours as we prepare trays of cookies to go with the Jesus Storybook Bibles we're giving to neighbors. Please pray that hearts are prepared to receive this love offering...even those whose hearts may be hostile to the gospel?

I will be praying for you and yours as you gather together this Christmas. Those of us without many Christian relatives need extra prayers this season, as our hearts yearn to share the joy with loved ones. If you need specific prayer for your holiday get togethers, please make a comment. It won't be published but I will pray faithfully for you in the coming days.

Christmas can be so very beautiful as we celebrate the coming of our Savior, Jesus, the wondrous, saving gift God planned from the beginning of time. On a night in Bethlehem so long ago, the answer to our soul's wandering and sorrowing finally arrived. The answer to every tear, every heartbreak, every sin. I pray that the miracle of his coming sets your heart afire this season, and I pray that all who fellowship with you will be overtaken by the Holy Spirit, as they experience your awe in Him.

Christ the True Light

I want to say how much I've enjoyed your fellowship this year, dear readers. Thank you for your love, encouragement and prayers. You've been such a joy to me! I love you dearly.

The wireless card on my late-night, early-morning studying computer is dying and loading pages has become a tiresome affair. I hope to get that fixed and be back to publishing Bible studies soon.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: