Sunday, July 3, 2011

Twelve Years Today


A Special Gratitude List

~ It's been a blessed twelve years....never short on love or grace.

~ He still kisses me goodbye.

~ He still loves me with a roll-up-your-sleeves, we're-in-this-'till-eternity kind of love.

~ And I still love him.

~ I still respect him.

~ He still chooses to see the best in me.

~ He still loves my legs, though they're varicosed and no longer well-muscled.

~ He still tries very, very hard to be a good father, despite the insanity of littles around here.

~ He still prays with me.

~ He still provides Bible commentary just like a theology professor would do (seriously, I love it!).

~ He still savors time alone with me.

~ He still wants me for a friend.

~ I still want to spend the rest of my life with him.

~ He's still perfect for me.

~ I still love his birthday suit.

~ I'm still amazed at God's provision for my heart. 

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like a keeper!
We will hit 14 years this August.

Happy Anniversary!

Laura said...

Happy anniversary, Christine. What a gift from God is a marriage like the one you describe here.

Jess said...

happy anniversary sweet lady! : ) congratulations

Christine said...

Thank you, friends! :)

TerraD said...

I haven't been checking in, and I had to comment on this beautiful post. Happy Anniversary! Ditto Laura's comment!
I also just read about the new job. So happy for you!

Christine said...

Thank you, Terra! We still haven't heard the official word, but the hiring committee seems to think this last step is a formality. We shall see.