Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

source

1 Chronicles 23:30
to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord, and likewise at evening;

Thank you, Father....

~ that the children have some energy back, even as Mommy has no energy. We last had influenza in 2009 during the H1N1 outbreak. Beth was 10 months old and she and Momma ended up with raging sinus infections. This time I know better and my head in under a towel over a steamy pan a few times a day. The kids won't stay in that position long, but I'm trying...

~ for this site with its budget desktop PC reviews. We're simple, low-tech people with no home theater, no entertainment center, no Netflix, no gaming devices, no photo shop, no video camera. We don't currently even own a digital camera (it broke after Thanksgiving), but my honey is working overtime to replace it so we can continue to photograph their childhoods.

As far as PC's go, we need something simple but reliable that we can keep another 8 years. The CNET site gave me great information I can take with me to Best Buy, which appears to be one of the few stores still selling Windows 7 PC's. The more I read about Windows 8, the less I want to buy it.

~ that on taco and pancake and roast chicken nights, nobody grumbles about the food.

~ that Peter is busy planning the garden already. On a garden website he found seeds that turn into ginormous pumpkins. All the kids are excited about the pumpkin they envision entering in the Fair.

~ that the ACTS (adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication) prayer acronym makes sure we thank and praise the Lord daily as a family.

~ that common illnesses no longer kill in mass. I finished the Wright Brother's biography but it ended with their first successful exhibition flight, performed for the Army. I read on my own to find that later one of the Wright brothers died of Typhoid Fever at age 45, their mother died early of tuberculosis, and their younger sister died of pneumonia.

~ for the enchanting way sunshine radiates off the snow, pointing to His Glory and Majesty.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: