For the love of soup, here's that recipe I've been wanting to share.
Baked Potato Soup
- 6 large russets (4 pounds) peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic. Or add four cloves garlic, halved, then remove before mashing. I don't mess with trying to get garlic halves out of the soup. I just add 1 tsp. jarred refrigerated garlic to the soup, and leave it in.
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk (I use 1% milk, but any type would be fine I'm sure.)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (we use colby jack cheese)
- 3 T fresh parsley (or use 1 to 1 1/2 T dried parsley)
- 8 oz sour cream (I use light sour cream.)
- 4 bacon slices (I put this on the side, as I don't personally want the calories from bacon)
- Put first six ingredients in large soup pot (potatoes, onion, chicken broth, butter, salt, pepper). Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Turn off burner. Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened. Stir in milk, cheese, and parsley. Wait about 3 minutes to add the sour cream, to avoid separation.
- Sprinkle with bacon and extra cheese, if desired.
This soup is so yummy. Enjoy!