Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kids' Thankful Thursday 3/6

Prompt: God created the earth and everything in it. What part of creation do you want to praise Him for?

Deuteronomy 10:14 To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.






Beth, age 5

I praise Him for the:

~ grass
~ pink flowers and red flowers
~ windy weather
~ summer

Mary, age 7

I praise Him for the:

~ toads
~ sunny days
~ soft grass to walk on
~ swimming lakes
~ the smell of flowers

Paul, age 10

I praise Him for the:

~ plants
~ fruit trees
~ marigolds
~ morning glories

Peter, age 12

I praise Him for the:

~ dogs
~ painted bunting birds
~ pine trees
~ summer
~ butterflies
~ insects, especially praying mantises

Prompt: What people and things do you want to praise Him for? These photos are not recent, but they remind me of warmer weather, which we're aching for right about now, like the rest of the country.

Our pediatrician








Beth, age 5

~ Mommy
~ Daddy
~ Paul
~ Miss Nancy, silly-with-me rheumatology nurse practitioner
~ Shelly from speech
~ Bea from physical therapy
~ Nancy from physical therapy front desk
~ my dolls
~ my stuffed animals
~ Pooh Bear
~ PBSKIDS.com computer exercise Curious George

Mary, age 7

~ Mom & Dad
~ brothers and sister
~ money for AWANA program
~ paper to make stuff
~ warm coats
~ house to keep me warm (This is the coldest winter we've experienced.)
~ crayons to color with
~ school so I can learn what I need to know for growing up

Paul, age 10

~ family
~ friends
~ relatives
~ doctors
~ AWANA leaders and friends
~ computer
~ washer and dryer
~ table and chairs
~ the mind
~ schooling

Peter, age 12

~ Mom & Dad
~ AWANA leaders
~ Paul
~ Beth and Mary
~ my bed ("I always write bed first, Mommy. I am really thankful for my bed.")
~ my neighborhood friends
~ going fishing
~ table and chairs
~ doors and locks
~ soap
~ bathtub
~ pets
~ pencils and art supplies and clay
~ clothes and radio

Mommy, age (too old)

~ wild flowers and morning glories climbing on our fences and trellises
~ sunshine shining dappled light through the maple tree and into the dining room
~ new snow catching the sunlight
~ cardinals landing on snow-heavy tree branches
~ lake and mountain scenes with wild flowers in the forefront
~ blue sky reflections on lakes, surrounded by summer green in all its glory 
~ the Lord, the God of all mankind, who says, "Is anything too hard for me?"
~ my husband, who visited his father in Florida for four long days, suffering a very cranky old man of 91 who pours out no love, but on whom my husband showered love and patience, because God asked him to. We are not sure of father-in-law's salvation status because he relies too much on the law of the Ten Commandments, versus New Testament grace. Is he trusting himself for his salvation, we have to wonder? It was the hardest four days of my husband's life and I am so proud of him for seeing it through, regardless of the outcome (which only the Lord knows).

What are you thankful for, my friends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely lists from your children. So sweet!

I am thankful that my husband's income has increased because this means we are not only able to go house-hunting, but we are now looking for a cleaner (I can't manage all the housework because of my health at the moment).