Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Multitude Monday; Psalm 100


Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;



come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God. 



It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.




Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
and his courts with praise;


give thanks to him and praise his name. 
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; 
his faithfulness continues through all generations.



Giving Thanks: 


~ smiles on the train ride

~ Paul and Mary picked for the magic show at "A Day Out With Thomas"

~ hearing "I had a really good time."

~ for those who gave it all, so I can live in freedom

~ playing basketball with my three-year-old at the picnic

~ her giggles

~ husband's hard work in the garden (no fancy garden tools)

~ most of the planting done

~ grilled meat and sweet corn for the holiday

~ strawberry shortcake

~ husband's steadfast love and patience

~ no temper tantrums today

~ 32 like-new girls' garments made by Old Navy, The Children's Place, Oshkosh, Jumping Beans, Sonoma, and others, all for $64 at Goodwill

~ Tesha wrote in the comments section a couple weeks ago that she prays I can find the feminine clothes I desire, and praise God, I did find three pretty skirts and two dresses, like new! Thank you, sweet friend. Tesha has one of the biggest hearts in blog world.

~ the heat wave is over (tomorrow)

~ Peter's love of gardening; he did 3/4 of the planting and some of the tilling

~ two more oriole sightings

~ a bunny eating the apple Peter set out for the squirrel

~ Peter excited about his praying mantis egg sac, which will hatch sometime in the next month or maybe two

~ Paul having a great time playing football at the picnic

~ a delicious pasta salad someone made

~ they liked my brownies

~ Tuesdays and Thursdays off from school this summer

~ our two computers are very old and slow, with annoyingly slow Internet speed, but at least we own computers at all

~ daily frustrations that send me to the Lord for comfort

~ going through hard things, and then being able to minister to others

~ the formerly on-the-verge-of-divorce couple happy together at the picnic

~ a clean refrigerator

~ the happy wonder of seeds becoming something big and beautiful, or something tasty
~ our very own, albeit small, strawberry patch producing delicious fruit

~ kids grabbing strawberries as fast as I can wash and cut them

~ mint chip ice cream

~ though Mary's arm got alarmingly fat from a honey bee sting, she didn't need medical care

~ listening to children pray

 What are you thankful for today? 

photos taken summer, 2011 at a local nature park

10 comments:

Alicia said...

"No tantrums today"... that's a praise that rings BIG in my ears :) Love your list!

Christine said...

Thank you, Alicia! I always enjoy visiting your blog.

Unknown said...

Hooray for the skirts and dresses! It is so nice when God meets our wants as well as our needs. Thank you for the love my friend :) I am thankful for the much need summer break! Your thankful list always helps me to be thankful!

Christine said...

I know how much you all needed the break. Praying good times for you, and for much love, right now. I loved the gift of Jonathan's name in the sand. Your friend has a big heart as well.

Wendy @ ECTaS said...

I appreciate your posts Christine - love the way you use your gift of photography and combine it with Scripture... such posts as yours have really drawn me into worship with the Lord - thank you for using your talent for the Lord's glory - I have been blessed each time I have visited this site.

Thank you
Wendy

P.S. can't wait to read your link up next week :D

Christine said...

Thank you, Wendy. But just so you know, I am a terrible photographer. :) It's just that you can't go too wrong with a flower garden and some insects. I am looking forward to your link up!

S. Etole said...

Enjoyed your gratitude list and photos. I'm grateful for a grandson that enjoys spending time with me.

Christine said...

That's wonderful, Susan. I'm blessed to read it!

Lisa said...

Love your list as always, Christine. So glad to hear about the skirts and dresses! :)
Much love to you!

Christine said...

Thank you Lisa! Love to you too.