Wednesday, October 20, 2010

into his courts with praise

My gratitude list:

- my two boys reciting AWANA verses with joy and precision

- my two boys learning how to really study

- Hinds' Feet on High Places, by Hannah Hurnard, adapted for children by Dian Layton.  This is the best children's devotional I've seen.  My boys are hanging on every word.

- The True Tale of Johnny Appleseed, by Margaret Hodges.  What a gem!  It highlights John Chapman's Christianity (Chapman was Johnny's real last name).

- motherhood

- when Mary says "Read it again!"

- my sweet toddler, cupping my face in her hands in the wee hours, telling me she wants to "Nur!" (nurse).  What a joy she is to me!  What a joy nursing is!

- two boys with passionate interests...passionate hearts

- my local librarian

- having all my meals with my children, who are my favorite companions, along with their Daddy

- homeschooling

- good literature

- motherhood

- double chocolate chip cookies 

- hearty homemade soup for lunch

- bedtime stories (my favorite time of the day)

- peeking out the window at four beautiful children (mine, no less!), laughing and playing in our yard

- my oldest boy, raking up and bagging leaves like a champ

- motherhood

- my Mary, who is an intriguing mix of sweetness and independence

- my Beth trying to get in the middle of every hug I give to her siblings

- sisterly love

- motherhood

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us,
and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psalms 100:1-5

No comments: