Time for a midday anti-insanity post. My sweet, curious, fabulous toddler has her busy hands into something different about every thirty seconds today--leaving destruction in her wake. Will she engage in Lego play with her industrious sister for five minutes--before plowing down the safety (not) gate and coming after Momma?
My gratitude list, because gratitude is the answer to every bad day, every dilemma, every impossible circumstance:
- the oatmeal cookie bars now baking in the oven (yes, we bake a lot--I have to keep the food budget reasonable, so only pretzels are purchased in the way of snacks)
- the tasty crockpot navy bean soup we had for lunch
- the beautiful fall leaves raining down on us, coloring our lawn brilliant
- clean drinking water
- my washer and dryer, to take care of the muddy clothes generated by rainy day play
- the Bible, to point out the high road, the road less traveled, the only road worth traveling
- this post, on a day I wonder if I've married the wrong person, and this post preceding it
- and this post, on a day I know I need to be a blessing to my husband, but don't have the will
- for the headaches that won't quit--for they remind me that I don't have cancer and my eyes, my ears and all my limbs work
- for the love of four precious children and one faithful husband
Through each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.