Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blessing List for Tuesday

~ After a horrendous morning yesterday, my Peter calmed considerably. Someone out there prayed? Oh, I'm indebted to you. Thank you. One Christian upholding another is a beautiful thing, which is why we can't keep our sorrows buried.

~ warmth of spring

~ tulips coming up

~ robins back in our yard, considering nesting places

~ children outside, laughing and playing without jackets, getting back in shape after too little winter exercise

~ family walks are back

~ I have a Disney prejudice because so many of their films are worldly. In fact, we never purchased any of their films until recently. When we saw and loved Mary Poppins, I decided to try some old Disney and picked up a few videos at a thrift store. Problem is I also picked up Pocohontas, which is more new Disney--something I wasn't thinking of at the time. It has premature intimacy in it, including a long mouth kiss, and Indian beliefs about the earth which are hard to counter in a young mind. Children tend to watch movies more than once, making it more likely that the content becomes truth to them. I believe pre-marital mouth kisses invite Satan into the relationship, making purity a lot more doubtful. Mary loved the film--calling it her favorite--and is terribly upset that I'm giving it back to Goodwill. The whole on-going issue with her reminds me of her stubbornness and how much I need to pray that she channels it for good, and that it doesn't cause her to drift from Him or His Word. I list this as a blessing only for that reason, and because I understand anew the importance of not compromising on what children are exposed to. Much prayer is needed to keep stubborn hearts close to His.

~ Titus 2 women to emulate

~ the comfort of prayer

~ little ones to hug and delight in

~ changes of season (they always give us something to look forward to)

~ children who forgive one another

~ The power of His Word in our children's lives, doing more in their hearts than we, as flawed parents, can ever do. If we do nothing else right, let's get this right...making our homes rich in His Word.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing all your blessings! It's an encouragement to me...it reminds me to look for blessings - not burdens - in my own life. :)