Thursday, November 29, 2012

Answer to Prayer!

God is faithful! He inspires us and then equips us. We're never alone as we seek to please Him.

Amen to that!




The associate pastor of our church contacted me today and affirmed our desire to minister to neighborhood children and families. They will provide the Jesus Storybook Bibles for us--for eight families to start. They will also pray for us and provide for our other ministry needs as they arise. So excited doesn't begin to cover the emotions here! Thank you for praying about this with us!

I prayed about celebrating Christmas in a God-honoring way and it came to me to give Jesus three gifts, just as He received as a baby over 2000 years ago. A Jesus Storybook Bible for eight neighborhood families here, followed by a Jesus Storybook Bible Children's Bible Study hosted by us, were two of the gifts I planned to give!

When the Holy Spirit inspires, he also equips! Our part is to move forward in obedience, not demanding all the answers and details up front. We live by faith.

In other news....

I'm studying peace for our Fruitful Friday series, but as Beth's dental procedure under general anesthesia is tomorrow morning, I may not have the post quite complete for a Friday publishing. Look for it soon. (Not that I assume you were on the edge of your seats or anything.:)



One amazing thing I've learned so far? God does not give us our own peace. He invites us to share in His peace.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

More to come....





images here

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God so thankful that your Pastor is supportive! Saying a prayer for Beth.

Margie said...

Wow, loving the way God answers prayers. As I read this Beth's procedure must be over, hoping she did well.

Christine said...

Everything went smooth as silk for Beth, though it was a long day. The procedure what just 15 minutes, but everything associated with the anesthesia was long and drawn out. No problems coming out of it at all, though. Thank you for praying!