Wednesday, November 7, 2012

God Reigns




My husband as a rule finishes all the food we don't finish. How he does this and stays lean, I don't know. 

Finishing up Beth's grapes this morning, he suddenly rushed to the sink to spit. Turns out that a line of snot propelled by her latest sneeze, ended up in her purple-grape bowl.

No wonder she didn't finish them.

And that's how it is here today. I had to cancel appearances at AWANA, speech, and physical therapy. And for two nights I've worked diligently, keeping wild-sleeper Beth upright enough to breathe.

Now that I've ruined your snack, how are things with you today?

I voted yesterday, but found neither of my choices acceptable. Whatever your post-election thoughts, let's remember God's reign and power. We're to carry on, humbly chasing after God, doing what He wills:  Love one another

Isaiah 26:4

Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.





Ephesians 6:10

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.


Zephaniah 3:17

The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.






Jeremiah 10:12

It is he who made the earth by his power,
who established the world by his wisdom,
and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.


photo credits here

5 comments:

TerraD said...

Ha! I was totally eating dinner when I read that! Did you get my email about the Storybook Bibles?

Christine said...

Sorry about your dinner, friend. :) I will check the e-mail right now.

Margie said...

I felt the same about the election. Not excited really about either of my choices. My main concern for our area was a school tax levy. Things in our district were getting to the point of desperate. So sad when a community does not feel the necessity to back its school system. Anyway, the levy passed and for that I have been thanking God all day. Seriously was considering how to approach husband again with the option of home schooling. Now praying the school will be good stewards of the funds and show the community what good they can do in the future.

Christine said...

We had the same problem here with a school levy, only ours didn't pass. We will continue to have no buses for our neighborhood. Parents who don't value education highly sometimes fail to drive the kids the school, resulting in truancy and loss of funds for the schools.

Very sad.

Lisa said...

You're right, my friend. The election choices weren't great. But I have been telling my children that the next 4 years can be a time of fervently praying for our president and his advisors...that the Lord will work in their hearts and our country will turn back to Him.
Hope your little one is on the mend.
Have a blessed week-end.
Much love to you. :)