Thursday, November 1, 2012

Winter Coat and Prayer Request for Neighbor Family

A neighbor of ours with four children just had their only car repossessed. As a result, as of Friday, the father lost his job. He had frequent absences after they went down to one car, and then to no vehicle. We've been shuttling two of their children to school. This morning I noticed that the kindergartner girl (age 6 last August) had only a thin spring jacket on. She said she doesn't have a winter coat.

As a regular thrift store customer--getting all of our clothes there--I can tell you that due to the economy there are fewer and fewer jackets and shoes and mittens available (more people are using thrift stores). So the odds of my finding her one are fairly slim. In Ohio where we are, coats are needed now.

If you have a used coat and other winter gear/clothes for a slim, average-height six-year-old girl, could you send items to me cash on delivery? Thank you!

christine4431(at)ymail(dot)com

And please pray for this family? The mother brings in the only income right now, and she has a low-wage job.


2 comments:

Margie said...

Oh man, I wish I had known about this last week! I just donated Ainsley's outgrown coat. I will do some checking and get back to you to see if I have anything that would do.

Christine said...

Thank you, Margie!