Thursday, July 8, 2010

blessings and wonders

- My Paul, cheering at each and every firework.  The surrounding crowd enjoyed his enthusiasm as much as the fireworks themselves.

- My Paul, splashing in the waves at a lake beach, wearing a perpetual giggle.

- My anxiety-ridden Peter, beating a fear of the water and thoroughly enjoying himself in the lake.  He begs daily now to go back to the lake.

- My Mary, making her first sand castle.  She had such a good time building it with Auntie Lorrie and Daddy, that Auntie Lorrie took pity and bought some sand for our sandbox.  A huge summer blessing for our kids, but just plain sad for Mommy and Daddy, because we couldn't provide the sand ourselves.  Our pride is getting the best of us lately, I'm afraid.

- Auntie Lorrie ( my sister-in-law) and I are slowly becoming friends, rather than just relatives through marriage. We are so different that the first ten years of my eleven year marriage were kind of rocky, relational wise, between Lorrie and myself.  Never any fighting or anything--just typical in-law tension.  That is all gone, thank the Lord.

- James, the disabled bachelor I wrote about, had a very nice visit with our family and with Lorrie.  I'm sorry he had to go home to an empty house.  The kids really took to him, even though they hadn't seen him for two years.  At the end of the visit, on Tuesday morning, Mary said to me, "Mommy, I love James."  I suggested she go and tell him.  He was blessed!  The children wore him out, as usual, as well as Lorrie.  Both James and Lorrie always take a slow day at home to recover from their visits, telling us they just don't know how we do it day after day.  Grace of God, I tell them.

- I haven't heard any specifics yet, but my blogging buddy Jess probably had her baby around the 4th.  This baby is her fourth blessing.  She has a two, five, and eight year old at home.  Nothing prepares you for that.  Please pray for a smooth couple months with baby, with nursing, and with the older children.  Please also pray for help with meals, errands, childcare and housework.

- We're about done with our third Dr. Dolittle book.  Our county has no more of these stories available, but the librarian is searching all of Ohio for us.  Yeah!

- This post, for its reminder about what is really important.

- Our eleventh anniversary, celebrated with an Olive Garden lunch, thanks to Lorrie and James.

3 comments:

Margie said...

I haven't talked to her yet as I wanted to give her some time to adjust to being home with a new baby. There was an announcement in our local paper that she did have a little boy! What a blessing! I will give you more details when I have them.

Jess said...

oh miss christine, thanks so very much for asking for prayers for us! i certainly appreciate them and can use them! working on some feeding issues...ezekiel was a big boy and has lost a pound in these 3 days. very similar to what happened with his brother. anyhow, just wanting to say thanks for asking for prayers...can't tell you how very much i appreciate it. will post soon! take care and am glad that your time with your family was blessed. sounds like the lake was quite a hit! :) stay cool

Christine said...

Praise God for a healthy baby! So good to hear from you. The weight issue will work itself out. Praying now and fervently this month!