Friday, July 9, 2010

currently blessing me


- Sometimes in regards to my marriage, I start a statement in my mind such as "I wish my husband could fix things around the house."  Or, "I wish my husband liked babies more."  Or, "I wish my husband got along better with our ADHD son."

The Holy Spirit stops me short every time, reminding me that the seeds of discontent start as soon as I think about what I don't have.  It's better, the Holy Spirit tells me, to say to myself, "I'm glad my husband never says unkind things to me."  And, "I'm glad my husband supports our homeschooling and helps whenever he can."  And, "I'm glad my husband knows the Lord and can teach us the Bible in its entirety."  The Lord is growing me up, little by little.  He takes me right where I'm at and inches me forward day by day.

- My daughters, sitting in the recycling boxes and singing "Row Your Boat" with me.

- My Beth and her love for all fruits--especially berries.

- My Mary loving to do chores.

- My Paul, who loves geography and does different things with his map puzzles every day.

- My Peter, who loves the natural world as much as I love chocolate.  Another way to put it:  As much as I need chocolate, he needs the natural world.

- Our yard and its sufficiency for our children.

- Online friends, who encourage and support.  Thank you, Connie!  Bless you!

- Hardships, to grow us up.

- Failures, to put our pride in check.



- My children, making up their own games, like flag football, played with stuffed animals inside their pants.





- The window in our playroom, which provides much amusement.  We couldn't keep our baby from climbing up on it, so we moved the couch in front of it, providing a safe means for window observation.  I think of it as the "observation deck".  They've watched many Momma Robin feedings out that window. And many squirrel adventures.

My Paul, who said during lunch, "Mommy, you're a good mommy."  Don't know why he said that, but it was uttered at just the right time.




- My Beth, sitting quietly in the playroom, contentedly trying on Daddy's socks.

- Mealtime Scripture, which continues to bless us and grow us.

- Bear Feels Sick,  from the Bear series picture books.  It is Mary's current favorite.  She loves that bear's friends so lovingly nurse him back to health, and vice versa.  Precious story.  Precious, loving daughter, to catch on to the lovely spirit contained in the tender story lines.

No comments: