Auntie Lorrie and Mary
Auntie Lorrie and Peter
This is Harry.
And boy, he's a hit! We picked him up Wednesday morning, and he's barely been out of Peter's sight, except for school time. Very popular with Mary too, who is a sister after Peter's own heart. She misses her butterflies, don't you know. Summer is her favorite season as well.
Wait! Is this me or Harry? I get mixed up. My days look an awful lot like this! A spinning wheel, indeed.
Auntie Lorrie with Paul and Mary
Paul just finished his airplane model, received for his birthday from Momma and Daddy.
Baby Beth was asleep when I took these. She received a stuffed dog and matching storybook.
My gratitude list:
- for sweet kids. Not perfect, but sweet.
- for the privilege of caring for this family. For making and serving them wholesome foods, bathing their squirrelly bodies, reading to their eager minds, for teaching them the ways of the Lord. For all of it, thank you, Lord.
- for a faithful husband, strong in spirit, mind, and body, dedicated to all of us
- for Auntie Lorrie, who loves my children with all her heart
- for a house I enjoy mothering in, teaching in, dwelling in
- for a Heavenly Father who loves me
- for homeschooling
- for the new towels Lorrie gave us for Christmas (badly needed)
- for love that heals all
- for love that perseveres
- for love that is not self-seeking
- for love that is not easily angered
- for love that keeps no record of wrongs
- for a husband who loves me like these verses, even during times of trial and fatigue
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4-13