Wednesday, July 6, 2011

telling of His wonderful deeds



Psalm 75:1
We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds.


My Gratitude List

~ Miss Beth finishing her nap in my happy arms.....me, awed by the blessing she is.

~ Putting a towel around a shivering poolside toddler

~ Husband feeling positive about a job interview (he has a 20-hour job and a 30-hour job...this would be a replacement for the 30-hour job (much better hours, slightly better pay, paid sick and holiday time, pay raises, vacation after a year).  In a recessed economy, you do the best you can.

~ Miss Mary being the perfect sister........she's Paul's art companion, Peter's nature companion, Beth's playroom companion.

~ Peter sitting by the kiddy pool with his bird field guide

~ An eight-year-old penpal from India....filling my heart like one of my own

~ Huge (larger than my girls) stuffed dog at the library, delighting my girls

~ Titus Treefrog delighting my children as he snatches up crickets with lightening speed (now that's an exciting pet!)

~ The Holy Spirit having me drift in and out of prayer all day

~ Peter passing me in the hallway, telling me, "I prayed for our penpal...that she would not be hungry today." Hugging my thanks, I fight back the tears.  The Holy Spirit lives in my son!  Hallelujah!  I knew it was so, but when I see evidence like this, I'm still awed.

~ Changing a messy number two--done in a bathingsuit with no swimmy diaper--that required a shower, then having my toddler say, "Kiss me?" as she happily went back out to play.  Oh, the sweetness of that kiss..and the smile that accompanied it.  I won't miss diapers, but I'll greatly miss the little people who wear them!  Sniff, sniff.

~ Never tiring, year after year, of watching monarch caterpillars become monarch butterflies.  The imagination God has!  So enchanting to witness!

~ Boys filling a balloon with water and freezing it, so they can play bowling on the driveway with water bottles from the recycling box, using their ice ball. :)  They learned that it takes more than one day to solidly freeze the water.  This is try #1.  George, that curious monkey, put them up to this.  The new library we're using has episodes they haven't seen.  So daily it seems, they are trying new science and engineering-type schemes.

~ Playing Jenga as a family

~ Miss Mary asking questions about the breakfast Bible passage

FYI:  The number to call for a Compassion penpal......800-336-7676

No comments: