Monday, July 18, 2011

Guest Post: Amy's Prayer Warrior Journey, Vol.5

Friends, I asked Amy to share five posts with us, so today is the last installment of Amy's Prayer Warrior Journey. Please show your appreciation in the comments section! Thank you.

And would you prayerfully consider sharing with us yourself?  It doesn't have to be weekly. You can share whenever the Holy Spirit puts something on your mind. He will guide you. Consider that sharing with us will give you some accountability as you get started on a daily prayer journey.  If you are interested, please e-mail me at christine4431(at)ymail(dot)com  

Amy's Prayer Warrior Journey, Vol. 5

Christine's call to begin praying every day has been such a blessing to me. The Holy Spirit spoke through her writing to call me back to a structured prayer time. As I've mentioned before, for whatever reasons, I had let my prayer/devotion time slip away. I remember telling my husband I didn't even know what to say when I did pray. 

At the time, I was exhausted, overwhelmed, and full of complaints. I felt as if I was drowning in my life. I knew I needed to spend time with God, but just didn't know how to begin. Christine reminded me of the ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication) acronym to use as a guideline. That was so helpful as I committed to begin praying each night at Christine's encouragement. 
 
At the beginning, I adhered strictly to the ACTS outline.  It helped me stay focused and prevented me from just going before the Lord with my needs/concerns.  That time of adoration was so beneficial and I realized I had been leaving that out.  

During the first few weeks, God taught me so much just through my prayer time.  I was able to remember his goodness, faithfulness, awesomeness, and truly see all the blessings in my life.  As the weeks went on it was so good to spend time quiet before the Lord, praising Him, sharing with Him, and having anxiety relieved.  

Now, as I pray, I don't have to be so strict in the way I pray.  As Christine has noted in her posts, the Holy Spirit begins to reveal things to me that I need to pray for.  Because I am praying consistently, I am able to pray for more people and repent of sins quicker than before.  

I would encourage everyone to set aside time, even a short amount of time, to pray daily.  It is such a blessing! 

Here are links for Vol. 1, and Vol. 2, and Vol. 3, and Vol. 4

1 comment:

Christine said...

Thank you, sweet Sister, for doing this for us. I appreciate your heart so much--your openness to the Holy Spirit's leading! Love to you. :)