Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Did you know....

.....there's a raccoon in one of our trees?

.....we're sick here and enjoying extra cuddling, extra books, and extra Curious George and Thomas The Train movies?

.....the bunnies love it when husband doesn't have time to mow the grass clover?

.....that my husband now works days, so all four children go to the doctor's together? They are looking forward to watching brother Paul get his ear wax sucked out by the ENT. They really want a glimpse of his ears under the microscope. Paul's looking forward to hearing again.

.....you can buy absorbent vomit granules at medical supply stores? You only have to sprinkle them on the offensive piles and then vacuum them up a few hours later. (A trick I learned from my teaching years. The custodians always used them.) The smell goes away immediately. Trust me, you want these granules. Two of mine get one vomiting incident each when their post nasal drip gets too thick.

....that in the middle of the night last night, Miss Beth began to vomit in my hand, after violent coughing?  I yelled twice, as loud as I could, "Get me a throw-up bowl!"  No one woke up. We did make it to the bathroom in time to avert a major 3:00 AM disaster, though.

....my children behave much better when only one parent is home? They want one boss at a time. At night, when Daddy arrives home at 7:15 PM, all is calm. And stays calm. For a long time, on his non-errand, non-school days, he was home until lunch. Conflict was a regular part of our mornings, as Peter especially, had difficulty with two bosses at the same time.

The new routine is a blessing! All the bossing around is done by the time Daddy arrives home. He helps with reading and devotions only. I love it! Women are very good at "guiding the house."

1 Timothy 5:14
I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.  

.....squirrels crawl with their bellies on the ground, like at army boot camp, when they see something interesting edible?

....spending your days cuddling with sick kids is very rewarding (minus the sick part)?

I'm loving it.


No comments: