Monday, October 7, 2013

Prayer for a Weary Mom After a Long Day

Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.


A prayer for the weary mom who packs so much into a day, 10 PM finds her a wired ball of stress...too agitated for bedtime.

Dear Heavenly Father,

You are an awesome God, abounding in love. We praise your holy name! We love you and we thank you for the gift of abundant life, for forgiveness, mercy, grace. We thank you for our families. Thank you for the ministry that is children. Thank you for the cuddles and the giggles and the silly jokes. Thank you for the healthy, growing bodies. May we stop and give thanks, we mothers, even on the hard days when everyone squabbles and the volume rises. May we run the race with grace and patience, knowing that the fruit of our labor is guaranteed by your partnership with us, and by our obedience to your will. May we model obedience and self-sacrifice, love and faith, mercy and wisdom. Fill us up now with your Holy Spirit, and give us a restful sleep, quieted by your love.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

1 comment: