Monday, March 29, 2010

multiple choice

If you are suffering from stress-induced hives, which of the following is not helpful, in terms of your recovery?

A.    There is no more chocolate in the cupboard.


B.    You have a lot to do to prepare for your sister-in-law's Easter visit.


C.    Your baby ransacks your house on a regular basis.


D.    A salesman comes to the door and smiles at your baby daughter, who is in your arms.  He then says to her, "Well hello there.  Does Grandma have you?"

Answer:  All of the above, but most especially D!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh. Oh. OH! I hope you slammed the door in his face!

Christine said...

LOL! Steph, I didn't let him finish his pitch after he let that comment fly.

I knew it would come eventually, from someone, but it was still devastating. :(

In the "old" days, it was common to have babies in your forties. Now, although late motherhood is on the rise, it's still more commonplace to have two children only, usually before 30.

Maybe it was the hives, adding years onto my face? I can hope.

Jess said...

oh dear! that was not a way to add some joy to your day! the funny thing is you look nowhere near old enough to be a grandma (seriously).

hope the hives are getting better- thinking of and praying for you.
take care!

Paula said...

Tomorrow is my husband's 57th birthday and I'll be 50 in June. We have 12-year-old daughter. Hubby has gotten the grandpa question before, but so far I've been spared. His hair is grayer than mine. lol.

So sorry for you! I've seen your picture. You don't look like a grandma!!

Still praying!