Saturday, January 1, 2011

thanks-giving

I came across a post more lovely than words can describe.  Such perspective.  I can't think of a better thing to read to start your new year!

I give thanks for.....

...little girls in dresses

...a little one who still wants to nurse

...a God who is faithful to pull me out of spiritual funks

...grace that allows my spirit to transcend circumstance, leading to the joy of the Lord

...a propensity to love the underdog

...gingerbread

...silence at nighttime, so God can speak volumes

...giant-print Bibles

...sibling love

...cuddling with sleepy kids; smelling their shampooed hair

...kissing small feet

...a God who won't let me stay irritated at my husband, no matter how hard my flesh tries

...a husband who uses gentle words

...sons who eat up bits of spiritual wisdom

...grace, grace, and more grace

...failure, leading to humility, leading to the end of myself, leading to HIM


Psalm 100

 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for sending me over there, Christine. I'm in need of a little perspective, I think. I pray you special blessings in 2011, my friend. May all your prayers be answered and your heart be filled.

Christine said...

Thank you, Laura! Looking forward to reading more of your masterpieces in 2011! Your work is a blessing to me.