Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thrifting fun

During my thrift store trip the other day, I also worked on Mary's spring and summer wardrobe.  Peter scored a couple pairs of jeans, but I couldn't find anything new looking for Paul.  I knew he'd be downcast, so I was delighted to find a fabulous Little Tykes truck perfect for hauling things.  They've been pretending to be farmers and truck drivers, taking farm products from the farm to the factory to the grocery stores.

Daddy needed nice t-shirts for work and I found four brand-new ones, including one featuring a sports team from our area.  Unfortunately, on the back of the shirt, it featured the name of a player who went to play for the Miami Heat, which upset the fans here, who apparently expect absolute loyalty.  The man is hated here, which is probably why the shirt was given to Goodwill, still brand new.  :)  When my husband saw the back of the shirt with the name James, he said he would get a lot of heat from the men at work.  He's tough though--he can take it.  He also wore the sports shirt I bought that said, "Property of Jesus."   



















Here are the girls, fresh out of the bath and ready for night church, with their new dresses.




 My silly Paul, being a ham.


Paul and Peter also scored this neat book that teaches kids all about using compasses.

























1 comment:

TerraD said...

Funny! My daughter still wears a couple of those shirts!