Thursday, May 26, 2011

Praises! and observations



- During a three-hour tornado warning last night, Peter, very upset, hugged me through his tears, saying, "Just in case we die in an hour, I want you to know that I love you so much."

- Trying to make light of it in the third hour, I prayed, among other things, "Dear Lord, remind us that our hope is in you, and not in our clean underwear."  Paul giggled, but Peter was not amused. (Seriously, my worst fear from a tornado, besides knowing that my family is with me and safe, is wondering where my next pair of underwear is coming from.)

- Auntie Lorrie coming for a visit from PA on Friday, taking husband back with her on Sunday, to pick up his friend's mother's old vehicle (1986-year sedan, but with mileage under 40,000)  Husband's nephew worked on the car, fixing several things.  I am very relieved because during tornado warnings I will have a vehicle (our van) to take the children to my aunt's basement, eight minutes away.  I've never heard a tornado siren, but hopefully we'll be given at least twenty minutes to pile all in the van and get there?

- Paul, my art-filled soul, ordered another used Usborne Art book from Amazon (Art Ideas), and checked out their third one from the library (Art Projects).  He does art for at least two hours a day, and oh....how he's in his element!  His whole body exudes joy while he creates. I'm nervous about him getting paint on that library book, though.  I'm so glad for used books, usually purchased for a few dollars plus shipping.  Some of the Usborne Art books list for over $100, but if you keep searching, you can usually find an older, cheaper version. Some of the expensive versions are combination books.

- Husband taking Peter on an early morning birding trip last Saturday.  Peter talked about it for hours--he was overjoyed....but sad it had to come to an end.  It made for a long day for Daddy, who still had eight hours of work to do.  They walked about five miles, so husband was on his feet all day.

- Hearing the kids painting in the dining room while I type this.  I love their conversations during creation times.....ooohs and aaahs over each other's work, and a lot of joy.

- A sweet e-mail friend, whom I met through this blog, offered to tell us about her prayer life.  Anyone else in?

- Miss Beth is in love with chipmunks! We have one that feeds on seeds found under our feeders.  She can't say the first part of the word correctly, but I understand the 'munk part.  So cute to hear her shout with glee, telling Momma she sees a chipmunk.

- Studying the Lord's prayer...learning more of His heart.  I think I'm ready to do a post on it...the next time I have a night free for writing.

- Boys all a wonder at creation....learning that starfish lose appendages and then grow them back.  The fallen off appendages become new starfish!

- Miss Beth's had her fill of painting....time to say... Have a good day! Lord Bless You!

No comments: