Saturday, May 14, 2011

George and Mary and the mud

Why my heart floods with love for four-year-old Mary:

First, let me set this up:

The mud is back.....two days of rain with five more expected.  Fortunately, this time around we're getting tropical rains--a dark, furious downpour here and there, followed by periods of mixed sun and clouds.

Mary, on her second outfit of the day, was out front wrist-deep in a muddy rain puddle.  She was holding a wooden board up, sporting mud on her knees, lower legs and forearms.

We were about to leave for a neighborhood walk.

"Mary, what are you doing?  We're about to leave!"

She looked up at me guiltily, pleadingly, "I'm making a dam."

Guess who is to blame for this three-outfit, two-shower day?

That Curious George!

As much as the laundry and vacuuming are back to whipping me, I had to smile.  I love that Mary!  And that George!

No comments: