Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day in the Life of a New Prayer Warrior, Week 2

To read about Day 1 of A Day in the Life of a New Prayer Warrior, click here.
To read about Days 2 & 3 click here.

To read about Days 4 & 5, click here.


Today I will report on Week 2:


I'm grateful to report that prayer is going very well!  The more days I stay faithful, the smoother and more intimate my discourse with God becomes. My joy is greater; my peace is deeper.


Being faithful in prayer means God can finally make big things happen--the spiritual changes our hearts dearly desire!  


He impressed an important basic fact upon me this week.  It's not new to me, and it won't be new to you, but it's profound and essential knowledge--knowledge we simply must take to heart.  


Mothers fret.  They just do.  About the kids' eating habits, playing habits, school habits, spiritual habits, chore habits.  We imagine that every ungodly mistake we make will somehow change our children's futures for the worse.  


And our fretting doesn't stop there.  We fret about the grocery bill, the broken things around the house, keeping up with the messes, the state of the yard and the car, the unfolded laundry clutter, the paperwork that never ends, and finally....we also fret about whether we've given freely enough of our bodies to our husband, who counts on us and only us for those needs.


Fretting takes up a lot of time, no?


This is what the Lord said to me this week:


I only ask one thing of you:  Make time for me; make me number one.  When you wake up and when you go to bed, you will have peace, if you make time for me.  

All these things you fret about?  They're my areas.  You have but one area to worry about........being with me........through prayer, through Bible reading, through worship.  I will order your days, change your ways, take care of you and yours.  

Just be with me.


So friends, let's stop complicating it all, shall we?  


One thing.  Let's be faithful to that.  


Chant it to yourself if you have to--especially when you feel even slightly flustered.  


One thing.  One thing.  One thing.  He only requires one thing.


So tell me, how's the prayer going for you this week?  What have you learned?  Only one person has chosen to share about her prayer life--that post is coming later next week--but if anyone else has a few minutes, could you tell us about your week, just this once?  




Luke 10:41-42
“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”


Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength


Matthew 6:33-34
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.


1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself also in the LORD: and he shall give you the desires of your heart.


Isaiah 58:14
then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken.


Nehemiah 8:10
The joy of the Lord is your strength.


Job 33:26
"He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto Him: and he shall see His face with joy: for He will render unto man His righteousness."


Matthew 21:13
My house shall be called the house of prayer.


Psalm 5:11
"But let all those that put their trust in Thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because Thou defendest them: let them also that love Thy name be joyful in Thee."

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love all these scriptures! And, yes, mothers do fret. And it does take a lot of energy and time. Good for you for being faithful in your prayer habit. What would I do without my friend to talk to?

Sandi said...

So encouraging to read about how He is working in your heart and life.
Such a good thing to keep in the our thoughts "Him First"