Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gratitude On Tuesday




Poor Miss Mary has thrown up now for thirty hours. She can't even keep the rehydration fluids down. In her desperate thirst, she keeps sneaking water. Too much too fast, I suspect. She can keep down teaspoons at a time, but when she goes to the potty and sneaks a whole cup of water, all my rehydration efforts go down the drain, literally. I have to watch her like a hawk. 


The blessing here is that I get to hold her for hours a day and read the 23rd Psalm to her. I am learning it rapidly and I recited it in the night several times last night. It's still having an immediate calming effect on me. Praise God! He is faithful!


Mary has no official signs of dehydration and hopefully the turning point will come soon. 


Meanwhile, Momma is making everyone walk around with throw-up bowls, just in case.


Mary:  "I wish I was God, Mommy. I would make this go away."


Last week when Beth gave me trouble about taking some medicine, Mary prayed from the playroom, unbeknownst to me. When she heard the fussing stop, she looked up, asking, "Did she take it, Mommy? I prayed."


I am so blessed with these signs of her developing faith, and of her knowledge of God's power! She doesn't understand a lot of theology, but she knows the most important things for her life: God is faithful. God is powerful.


You're having a lovely day, I hope? How can I pray for you this week?


photo credit

4 comments:

Sandi said...

So sorry you are dealing with the stomach flu. It is going around our church here. I will pray for it to pass quickly.

Much love,

Margie said...

Aww, praying for your sweet girl and the rest of the family. Stomach bugs can be so contagious! Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Christine said...

Thank you, Sandi and Margie. We appreciate the prayers.

Lisa said...

Love the childlike faith! We could all use a dose of that...instead of wringing our hands and fretting - as if our Heavenly Father is incapable of doing anything.
Many blessings, dear Christine!