Thursday, February 4, 2010

swing dance their hearts

My sentiments exactly!  That's a bag of Hershey's milk chocolate chips, by the way.  Tough week around here.  Chocolate required.



Yes, we're silly.  Four rambunctious kids can do that to you--in cold, snowy weather, with no cable TV.   When this little guy was a baby, he was just as pale as pictured here.  The pediatrician held him up at the sixth month appointment and said, "Wow!  Turn down the lights!  You're bright white!"



The three sillies.
I believe this is the first two-story Lincoln Log building I've seen Peter build.  Don't let these pictures fool you, though.  They aren't using their toys more since we shut off the cable.  They're dancing more, roughhousing more, and just generally moving around in fast mode a lot more.  And the groundhog saw his shadow, I believe?  This may be the beginning of the end of my sanity.  Stay tuned.
We took a swing dance class before we were married--put together by our church singles group. My honey has two left feet and loves dancing far less than me, but someday, I want to try again.  Dancing is good for the soul.  

Today the children found our swing dance CD and started their regular frenzied joy dancing.  Daddy was studying, but stopped to teach them some swing steps.  "Mommy can do this a lot better, but I'll show you some steps."  (Actually, that dance class seems like a century ago.  I don't remember a thing!)  Daddy swung them over his shoulder and spun them around, eliciting such delight.

We rarely have time to be a couple.  We've not been without the children since last June, in fact.  And that was only for ninety minutes.  We're short on romantic love in this season, but long on steadfast love--the kind requiring endless doses of grace and mercy.  When he delights the children in this way, I couldn't love him more.    I'll tell him that tomorrow.  After these dancing moments today, the day sped by--leaving no time for conversation.  He's at work most nights.
 
Wow.  I wish he would do that to me.

No comments: