Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pray for our men!

I thought it a good time, on this Father's Day, to unveil a prayer burden God has put on my heart.

Friend, I am praying for your husband, and mine...faithfully.

If there are seventy readers out there, there must be seventy husbands, give or take.  I know something about only three of the husbands:  one lives in Ohio and works in corporate management.....one lives in Canada and works in the computer field...one lives in Michigan and teaches. That's it.  That's what I know, primarily because this is a Mommy/Faith blog, and the few of you that blog also cover motherhood.  Dads just don't come up much.

If I know you by name, I pray specifically for your husband.  If I don't know you by name, I pray for your husband under a readership husbands label.


I'm sure you pray for your own husband, but do you pray for the husbands of friends and family? How much stronger the Body of Christ would be, if we women would pray for the men!  Just imagine it.

Here is what God has put on my heart to pray.  I encourage you to form your own prayer list for husbands--for your own, and for those around you.

Our Father, I pray these things for _________ husband:

- That he be saved, if this is not yet a reality.

- That he will develop a consistent prayer habit.

- That he will look to the Lord for daily wisdom, daily strength, and not follow the world.

- That he will be a strong but patient leader in his home.

- That he will have at least one godly man in his life, holding him accountable for studying and obeying the Word, and for staying sexually pure--no sexual immorality and no emotional attachments to other women.

- That he will lead his family in devotions, as often as his schedule allows--making time for this above pleasures.

- That he will pray for his wife and his children, daily.

- That he will humble himself before the Lord, confessing daily.

- That he will be a leader concerning the household money, tempering wants, and giving to his church and to those less fortunate.


2 comments:

Katherine said...

Those are great things to pray, Christine. Christian husbands are under attack like never before! In the last year alone we've known 3 to have extreme "mid-life crises" that have affected their marriage. your post made me realize I need to start to praying for men in their late thirties to be guarded against destructive mid-life crises.

Christine said...

Great to hear from you, Katherine. I'm enjoying your series on safe churches!