Monday, June 6, 2011

I hate feed readers!

I owe an apology and a heads up to all the readers who follow this blog using various feed readers.

May I just say, I hate this modern convenience called feeds!

A majority of my readers use them, and unfortunately, when I edit a post, the readers never pick up the edits.  Likewise, when I hate a post and decide to delete it, the feed readers never delete it.  As a writer this makes me feel like I have no control over my own message--as though someone has stolen it, almost.

I was working on a post about the first two words of the Lord's Prayer (Our Father), and it accidentally posted before I was finished.  It won't make any sense the way it posted, as I planned to delete some of it and take a different angle.  I don't think there is a way to amend this mistake, so if you use a feed reader, please accept my apology.

And know that you never get the best of my work, using a feed reader.  I often edit posts five or six times after I've posted them.

Okay....so I got it off my chest.  Thank you for listening.  And as Ann would say....thank you for grace.


No comments: