Wednesday, June 29, 2011

God's sense of humor


The past few days have been incredibly stressful here.  My husband lost some important work keys (common ADHD trait).  We have looked for three days, tearing each room apart, making a horrible mess in the process.  For the first twenty-four hours, we feared he would be fired.  Many prayers were uttered.  So far, mercy has prevailed.

Did you know God has a sense of humor?

This morning, on a whim, I asked Mary to look inside the attached plastic purse that came with her bike.  I thought perhaps, if they were dropped in our driveway, maybe Beth found them and put them in the bike purse.

No such luck.

But, Mary came running into the house, full of glee.

"I didn't find the keys in my purse, but I did find a frog!"


God doesn't always say yes to our prayers.............but boy, he sure makes the nos easier to handle.  He loves to simply say, "Nothing is the end of world, when I'm on your side.  Lighten up."

More than one person here is ecstatic about this common gray tree frog, which we plan to keep as a pet for a week.

Please pray that we find the keys, and that the kids keep themselves amused while I attempt to restore order here? Thank you!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

hope you find them soon. Cool picture of the frog.

Jess said...

did you search the car? praying the keys are found!

Christine said...

Yes, we searched the car many times, the yard many times, the trash even. And every cupboard, drawer, closet, backpack, purse, toy bin, every shoe, under beds, etc. Nothing was left unturned. Thank you for the prayer!