Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Lord Blesses My Peter

 Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Pheucticus ludovicianus                     



Peter woke up earlier than usual, while I was in attending to Beth's cries. When I came out of her room, Peter could barely contain himself:

Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Pheucticus ludovicianus

"Mommy! Jesus told me to read the Bible and have my personal prayer time. And so I did. And guess what! You wouldn't believe it! Right after that I went to the window and saw a rose-breasted grosbeak at the feeder! Jesus blessed me because I obeyed him, didn't he? And then he told me to read another chapter. And I did, so do you think I'll see the grosbeak again today?"



Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Pheucticus ludovicianus


I told Peter he was absolutely right. Jesus intentionally blessed him. Jesus loves to build a child's faith by actively displaying His faithfulness and steadfast love. And I added that, yes, I did believe he would see the bird again today.


After breakfast, during spelling, the rose-breasted grosbeak blessed all of us by another quick visit to the feeder!


Today's Devotional Text: Psalm 92

It is good to praise the Lord
and make music to your name, O Most High,
proclaiming your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.


For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord;
I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
How great are your works, Lord,
how profound your thoughts!
Senseless people do not know,
fools do not understand,
that though the wicked spring up like grass
and all evildoers flourish,
they will be destroyed forever.


But you, Lord, are forever exalted.


For surely your enemies, Lord,
surely your enemies will perish;
all evildoers will be scattered.
You have exalted my horn like that of a wild ox;
fine oils have been poured on me.
My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries;
my ears have heard the rout of my wicked foes.


The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
planted in the house of the Lord,
they will flourish in the courts of our God.
They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,
proclaiming, “The Lord is upright;
he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him."


Prayer Time: Dear Father, thank you for the Psalms. They sing to our souls of your love and faithfulness, Lord. How much we need this life-giving music. Thank you for blessing my son, for building his faith. May he walk closer and closer with you, Lord, along with his brother and sisters. May your Word sing to their hearts. May they pray for and love the lost and the least, and live according to your will. May we, as parents, shine your light in our home, each and every day. Forgive us, strengthen us, have mercy on us, Lord. Thank you. I love you.

In your Son's name I pray, Amen.




Linking with Laura today

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely post, dear Christine.
Hope you have a blessing-filled week-end!

S. Etole said...

They are a beautiful sight, aren't they?!

Duane Scott said...

Lovely. ;)

Laura said...

Would you believe I just saw my first Grosbeak two weeks ago? They are not native around here, so he must have just been passing through. You tell your Peter that I was blessed too! So impressed he knows his birds :)

Pamela said...

Precious! God loves to bless His children--child or adult. I'm so thankful for that--and this precious sharing about your son. I needed to be reminded of God's loving care in the "little" things.