Wednesday, May 5, 2010

clap your hands

While reading this Psalm (47), I had to laugh.  It reads like a move-your-body, clap-your-hands kind of worship song.  To think that some churches allow only hymns!  My spirit lives for this!

Hymns? I love some of them (How Great Thou Art), but others put me to sleep.  See the U-tube below of "How Great Thou Art" with Max Lucado's words in the nature-inspired background, from his book "No Wonder They Call Him Savior".  It's six minutes long.  Six minutes well spent, I assure you!  Scroll down below this post.

As I type this, violent thunder and roaring rain liven up the night, as though obeying the "clap your hands" command in my Psalm.

Psalm 47

Clap your hands, all you
nations;
shout to God with cries of
joy
How awesome is the Lord
Most High,
the great King over all the
earth!
He subdued nations under
us,
peoples under our feet.
He chose our inheritance for
us,
the pride of Jacob, whom he
loved.


God has ascended amid shouts
of joy,
the Lord amid the sounding
of trumpets.
Sing praises to God, sing
praises;
sing praises to our King, sing
praises.

For God is the King of all the
earth;
sing to him a psalm of
praise.
God reigns over the nations;
God is seated on his holy
throne.
The nobles of the nations
assemble
as the people of the God of
Abraham,
for the kings of the earth
belong to God;
he is greatly exalted.



Good night, friends!  You know that laundry pile?  Still there, I'm afraid.  I'm off to make another dent in it.

I also want to leave you with this very thoughtful post by Kristin, from We Are That Family.  What a reminder of how we should love our husbands!

No comments: