Friday, May 7, 2010

post script on belly issue

Post Script for previous post:

I forgot to mention an important tidbit about the stomach muscles involved in my post below.  Draw in your belly button toward your spine.  The muscles you needed to do that?  It is those that need strengthening, in order to flatten your belly and shape your waist. One article I found indicated that to make a difference, one has to do that sucking in motion in 5 sets of one hundred repetitions--per day!  Plus, we can't keep getting out of bed improperly!  Roll to the side, and then get up and out of bed--like you did during pregnancy.  Get in the same way.

I hope all this doesn't depress you!  It does depress me, but at least I know I can improve my situation over time.

My babies are well worth this problem, and worse things, of course. At least I can make it to the potty without leaking.  I count myself fortunate, when I read articles about that!

By the way, sucking in the belly button also works your pelvic-floor muscles, which help with urinary inconstancy.

No comments: