Saturday, May 29, 2010

44us

When we first moved to Ohio five years ago, I picked this as the beginning of my email address:  44us

It meant "four children for us", as in the two boys we were raising, along with the two babies we have in heaven.  Now, five years later, I have four living children--the last two not planned by us.  God made good on that email address!  Sometimes I get teary-eyed when I write it on forms, just thinking about how God blessed.

Recently I thought about changing it to 64us, to signify four here with us, and two more in heaven.  But you know, I don't think I will now.  I like having an inside joke, so to speak, with God.  Not that miscarriage is any sort of joke--I don't mean to be callous.  It's just that He knew exactly what would happen in the next three years.  I was oblivious, just picking out an address a month after a miscarriage, in my grief.

My God....He's amazing!

No comments: