Psalm 46, which I read at dinner, has one of my favorite lines in all of Scripture.
Be still and know that I am God.
What does "be still" mean? Some would argue that it means don't fret. But to me, it's much more than that.
- Smile, because he's got your back.
- Smell the flowers, because he orders your days.
- Give generously, because the earth is the Lord's and everything in it.
- Dance with joy, because your journey was ordained by him.
- Enjoy the ride, because you've got a chauffeur.
- Live in the moment, because he has a plan for tomorrow.
- Live as my exuberant, ever-smiling Beth does, always ready to dance a jig, because
....you are His.
And He is God!