Monday, June 28, 2010

he who seeks finds

I escaped today.  Can you believe it?

No, I didn't get a pedicure.  Or a manicure.  Or a chocolate malt.  Or a haircut.  Or use that Olive Garden giftcard (the one my sister gave us for Christmas).

It was better than that!

I went thrifting!

Mary's new/used twin bed required bedding--just something to last until she is sharing a room with her sister, at which time they will hopefully get matching bedding.

No bedspreads or comforters were available.  A pink and blue crocheted quilt will have to do.  It's not especially nice looking for a little girl, but we can use it later for cuddling on the couch.

The trip was not a disappointment, by any stretch.

'Cause guess what I found?  I was so excited about it I could hardly remember to make full stops--and heed red lights--on my way home.

I'm not the only parent who gets excited about blessing my children with good gifts, am I?

Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your 
children
, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!


A gift!  For my newly potty-taught preschooler--proud owner of size 4T Dora panties.



$8.00 in good used condition.  I perused several garage sales this spring, to no avail.  I didn't question that God would provide.  I just hoped it would be before winter set in!

Just in time for her big-girl debut, the bike appeared at my local Goodwill.  And on the same day, my mother happened to have sent a little money.  Her kind gift money will be put away for our county fair visit later this summer, but I couldn't resist spending some on this bike.  

John 21:6  And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.


2 Corinthians 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:


Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus



Romans 8:28   And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.








And this is Peter's Monarch--a gift from the caterpillar found at the ice cream stand a couple weeks ago.  He enjoyed it for a few hours, and then let it go.  My boy is growing up!  

2 comments:

Jess said...

congrats on a little alone time :) it does help to get out every now and again without little people in tow...and then to get to shop as well! you hit the jackpot! :)
glad the little one loved the bike and that you felt blessed by your time away. (and love the monarch! we haven't been able to find that type of caterpillar although the butterflies themselves are all around our yard. he is a beauty!)

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Ah, we must be kindred spirits. I love me some thrifting!! :D That is a great deal on the bike. I have been looking for something similar for Luna, but it is all in God's timing.