Wednesday, June 2, 2010

our goings on

We are down to the last two months of our school year.  These two months will consist mostly of social studies and science, along with math fact practice.  My second grader has begun multiplication, as is usual for the end of second grade.  However, since there is still some addition fact memorization to be done, we really need to attack that with disciplined consistency now.

I memorized my multiplication facts just fine in third grade, but it's worth noting that I didn't memorize my addition facts until I started grading first-grade math papers.  Interesting, eh?  Or is that just shocking and sad?

Anyhow, I took a year of calculus in college and didn't flunk out.  I can't say I remember anything about calculus though.  Under duress, I accepted it as my fate, along with physics.  Not long after these glorious courses, I axed my plan to be a doctor.  Smart move, eh?

All this to say, my blog posts will decrease in frequency now.  Social studies and science take more prep work on my part.

Happy gardening, sprinkling, kiddy pooling, and popscicling to you!

1 comment:

Jess said...

i hope the schooling goes well! happy math practice (kiersten's least favorite part...but we will have to continue off and on through the summer because she still has to 'think' the answer instead of just know it when it comes to multiplication facts). i hope there will be time for all those summer things there too to break up your days and keep you sane (if there is no large mess involved!). :) take care and we'll look forward to hearing from you when you have the time.
blessings and more blessings!!! :)