Saturday, June 26, 2010

some blessings and wonders

- steady laughter from the kiddy pool

- Shivering pool bodies, needing Momma's warmth

- Joy and wonder-filled firefly jaunts

- Momma Robin feeding her second family

- Eight-year-old son, who carefully chooses where to put the kiddy pool, so as not to upset Momma Robin's nearby nesting

- Multiple bug containers, filled, on the living room Armour (out of baby's reach)

- Tired, sun-drenched kids, ripe for afternoon cuddles

- Baby soft lips on my breast, taking in God-designed sustenance with a side dish of love and comfort

- A baby who felt better, seemed happier, calmer, gifting me with sweet smiles, tender kisses, tickled-out giggles

- A suddenly potty-taught preschooler, living as though she'd donned Dora panties all her life

- Helping preschooler put her panties right side out, after each potty visit

- My boys, no longer given to bed wetting

- My boys sharing a fascinating journey with me through Dr. Dolittle and the Green Canary - Hugh Lofting weaves a tale like no other.  My new favorite children's author (deceased, sadly).

- Hard-loving, hard-working husband, who passes through the kitchen and tells me my legs are beautiful (not mentioning or apparently noticing the extensive varicosities on my shins)
.
- I've warned my husband that when Beth is finished nursing, my *reasts will look like those out of National Geographic.  He doesn't believe me, but says that even if it's true, he'll still love them.  I keep trying to prepare him, and he keeps trying to brush it off.  I'm not sure I can even call this a blessing.  Hope so.  Time will tell.  All other nursings were followed by new pregnancies, hiding the effects.

- Mary and Paul, who wake up in cuddling moods (the other two wake up on the move).

- Beth's bedroom cleaned out today, spruced up for sister-in-law's (Lorrie's) July 4th weekend visit

- Excited kids, eager to enjoy Auntie's gentle love

- Boys' room cleaned out today, spruced up for husband's best friend, who drives from PA with Lorrie this visit.  A physically-handicapped man (hand and arm), he never found a wife, sadly.  He lived with his mother always, whom he just lost.  He has a lonely journey ahead, as deteriorating health forced him on disability, which will be isolating.  Please pray for him?  He is churched, but doesn't put his faith directly in Christ.

No comments: