Ugh, kids! Just discovered my four year old left the water on outside the house--potentially for days! I can't remember when I caught her over there, and I didn't know she had actually turned on the hose. Usually we can hear it running out there when we're in the dining room. We were already having trouble paying the bill. I noticed today that there wasn't much water pressure in the shower or washer. Hope that doesn't indicate a problem with pipes!
Strangely, when we lived in the California desert, our bill was $40.00 to $60.00 per month, depending on whether it was watering season for the grass. Here in a heavy snow area of the midwest, our bill is $100.00 to $120.00 /month!
Time to give God thanks for something:
- praying children, two saved children
- healthy children
- reading glasses to go over my contacts
- literature to fill us with delight
- children's sleeping faces (always grips my heart)
- a house still clean (Am I entering a different season now? Seems easier to keep a decent house.)
- The water company said if the bill was enormous, they could break up the amount for us.
- Money soon to finally get a perm for my lifeless hair. (I've been waiting six months! Wish my hair would change, Margie. You're fortunate!)
- sunshine and reasonable temps, so children can play with their igloo
- husband graduating on Sunday from computer school
- husband working on getting a computer internship at one of his custodial job sites
- a boy with a myriad of interests
- my Beth playing with the dolls more (Mary hasn't much interest thus far.)
- very few wet diapers and a still-enthused potty trainer
- a house with nice living spaces
- decreasing OCD symptoms
- laughter coming from little people
- little teddy bears tucked away for my little ones for Valentine's Day
- big boys and little girls who still like stuffed animals