Saturday, December 5, 2009

are you ready?

As I was reading Ann's post on A Holy Experience, I found this website: Christmas Change

I only had time to read two stories, but that was enough to convince me that the site is a wonderful place to hang out this month!  Happy reading!

A WORD ABOUT PRAYER

I  consider it a privilege to pray for you, by the way.  If I ever write or say that I will pray, I really do it!  I learned in the first two years of being a Christian that all too often, we passingly say we will pray, and then we fail to do it--not because of an impure heart, but because we aren't generally having a quiet time with the Lord when we say it.  We think we will remember it later, during our "official" prayer time.

I have learned that we need to pray as soon as a need arises.  God puts prayer needs in our path and on our hearts--I really believe that.  Those thoughts that pop into our heads aren't of us.  Listening to that Holy Spirit voice, and identifying it as His, helps me see intercessory prayer as a privilege and an obedience.

I've known some real prayer warriors in my life, and I'm not mature enough in the faith to compare to them, but I do feel God slowly changing this area of my life.  Instead of lamenting about or trying to solve problems around me--expending all sorts of emotional energy in the process--I am remembering more often that God wants my prayers, not my help.  It's not that my prayers change his mind.  It's that they mold me into his instrument; they change me.

How haughty of me to have ever thought he needed my help!

When I turn to prayer, I am acknowledging him as my Creator, my King.  It puts me in right relationship with him.

A right relationship with him brings peace and rest.

When I am at peace and resting (mentally, spiritually), he can work his wonders in my heart.

Because I am listening...waiting...ready.

Are you ready, today?

Have a blessed weekend with your families!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog so much. Thanks for your honesty and candidness!

(And I found out the numbers in place of my name are a glitch from my blog host. Hopefully they'll be fixing it soon.)

:)