Tuesday, December 1, 2009

fancy cupcakes

My Mary saw me making corn muffins the other day and said, "Cupcakes!  I love cupcakes!"

She then began helping me fill the dessert cups with the muffin batter.  I told her they were dinner cupcakes, rather than dessert cupcakes, and that we call them muffins.  We hadn't had them in a while--I am just now starting in on fall soups, chili, and stews.

Later, during dinner, I sliced her muffin and put a pat of margarine on it and put it on her plate.  She eagerly picked it up, and proceeded to take a few bites.

It didn't take her long to make a determination.  Pushing her plate away, she announced, "I only like fancy cupcakes.  Fancy cupcakes are delectable!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl who knows what she likes and has the vocabulary to express it!

Awesome!

:o)

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was me. Still getting the kinks worked out. (What's up with all the numbers?)lol

Paula

Katherine said...

That is so cute.