Monday, December 7, 2009

my part

Overwhelmed by issues at home lately?  Feel anxious, or pulled in different directions?

This year has been like that for me.

As much as my husband and I are a team, our respective roles are separate and distinct.

When I write down only what God wants from me, focus comes.  Peace comes.

I do pray for my husband, so that he's ready each day to follow God.  But I am only responsible for my part.  I can't waste energy worrying about what's between God and my husband.  I'll only be in the way.

It's more than enough for me to make sure I'm in God's will.

2 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, friend, this is so wise! I've often thought to myself, in the middle of an argument or other strained moment, Elise, you're going to answer for YOU, not your husband! It makes me step back, gulp a bit, and rethink my behaviour.

You wrote about this simply, and brilliantly. I hear you. :)

I wanted to address your question on my snack post- I try to be IN bed by ten, and I do get up once each night to nurse G. I'm usually sleepy, whether my alarm wakes me up or not, but it's only for one morning!

The other mornings I rise at about 6:30, and I just really need to do that because it's my only quiet time all day. My husband is still sleeping, and all of the children are as well. It's my time!

I am not a natural morning person, no. It has been a couple years of training, and now my body just knows it's time to get up. Still doesn't feel great, I don't bounce out of bed or anything, but I *know* it is good. So it helps.

I hope you find your quiet hours soon! Thank you for asking and reading along, friend!

xo

Anonymous said...

Always a blessing! Thanks for your comments on my blog, too.

Paula