Saturday, December 12, 2009

God's Timing

Two neat blessings to share today!

The fellowship available through blogging helps me tremendously!  Thank you, dear Readers. There has been powerful evidence recently that God sanctions my finding fellowship here.  See, a few weeks ago I posted a comment on the Amy's Humble Musings blog.  I rarely comment there, but for whatever reason, I did this particular time.  Her blog has had technical problems of late, and the commenting didn't go smoothly.  My comment didn't post, and when I tried it again, it said I was trying to do a duplicate comment--it wouldn't let me proceed.

Later that day, I checked back to see if my comment had ever shown up.  I started reading the other comments, and happened to click on Paula's name.  She wrote briefly about her teenagers and I wanted to take a look at how my life was going to change as my babies grew into teens.

I found a post about her family having gone through unemployment, and if you recall, I reposted it on my other blog.  Dumbfounded I was, at the randomness of the whole thing!  But really, it wasn't random.  God orchestrated it--I'm sure of it, because yesterday I also found out that her husband took a degree in Theology as well, and never used it professionally.  And, her husband is relaxed and laid back, as mine is (except when he is caring for babies lol.)  Both men are also starting new careers at age 50.

To click on her name like that, among all those others!  It was amazing.  She has been such an encouragement, and it feels so good to know that someone understands the details of my life.  Thank you, Lord!  And Paula!

I love my husband very, very much.  My life with him is a blessing, much more than it is difficult.  And he is doing well in his computer classes--just wanted to make sure I posted that, as it probably didn't sound like it from an earlier post.

I wanted to share also about God's amazing timing in providing for our needs.  We haven't had any snow really stick here yet, which is very unusual.  The boys went out yesterday, wanting to play in the snow, even though there was just a smidgen on the ground.  It was the first time they had gotten into full snow gear, and we quickly realized that Paul didn't have proper fitting snow boots.  Usually, I buy them at thrift stores as I see them; there just haven't been many around lately.

I did go looking for them immediately at a nearby thrift store, to no avail.  Often, when you really need something STAT, you can be disappointed in thrift store shopping.  The blessing often comes in finding good buys for the future, rather than for immediate use.

Anyhow, we knew we were likely to get good play snow soon, and that poor Paul was likely to be disappointed. Wouldn't you know, later that day we received a $70.00 gift card in the mail, as a result of a rebate on the fridge my father had purchased for us.  Who is responsible for that timing, do you suppose?

It never fails that when we really need something material ( a need verses want), not more than a few days goes by before it is somehow provided.  It is as though God wants us to learn something through this experience, but he doesn't want the children to suffer too much as a result.

Our church called to offer sponsorship for them for Christmas again.  I was hesitant, as I didn't want them developing a sense of entitlement about gifts and such.  If someone else always provides everything, would they learn anything about working hard, and about the payoff from labor?  I wondered.  However, I knew we wouldn't be able to get them anything, so I said the help would be a blessing, but could we limit it to two presents each?  The church agreed.

Another example of God's timing comes from the story of a good friend, who recently needed a stove insert to help heat her large house.  They are about to embark on a ministry for the poor and live on just their savings until the ministry grows enough to provide them with income.

Her husband prayed one day about the need for the insert, and that evening at church he happened to mention it to someone who had a spare insert in his garage--available for the taking.  Isn't God awesome?  Her husband just happened to be speaking to the very person who could help him, although he didn't realize it when he struck up the conversation.  Amazing!  Please pray for their ministry needs, and for continued provision.


Blessed weekend to you, Friends!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hi Christine,
I am so blessed by hearing of God's provision for the boots. I need to hear continued examples like this when I start to become anxious -- which I have been struggling with on and off this week.

Kristin said...

God's timing is always perfect, isn't it? Rarely do we understand it, but He always sends us what we need just in time. So blessed to hear of your miracles. :-)