Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some Writing Help (not that you need it)

Do you click on Bonnie Trenga's blog,  The Sentence Sleuth,  very often?  I just love learning about grammar and other writing rules! Kind of nerdy, I know.

She has a new column here, written in her trademark, quick-witted style.  After putting my kids to bed, I read four of her articles.  I'll have to read her other articles tomorrow--dishes, laundry, and sweeping are calling.

I had to register using my name, postal address, and e-mail address to start a free account on the Writer Mag site.  Doing so enables you to read her entire column.   Use the site's search window and just type in her name--Bonnie Trenga.  You do not have to buy a subscription!  Really, it's worth it!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to do a bit of editing before signing off tonight.  I think I used the word "awhile" in a post earlier today, instead of "a while".  I'm not sure if it's legal to combine them.

One thing Bonnie advises is to proof your work by reading your sentences aloud, in a monotone voice. You pick up more errors that way.

Happy writing!

2 comments:

Heather Mattern said...

Yay! Im in need of some writing tips :) Thanks for sharing news about this column with us!

The Sentence Sleuth said...

Hello. This is Bonnie, the Writer Mag writer! I am glad you enjoy my work. You might enjoy my blog, too: sentencesleuth.blogspot.com.
Happy writing (and proofreading!)
Bonnie